Automotive production and exports in Turkey decreased by 11% and 27%, respectively, on a year-on-year (YoY) basis in 2020, according to Turkey’s Automotive Manufacturers Association (OSD). The automotive industry made the lion’s-share of the country’s overall exports at 15% last year. Total automotive production, which includes all types of vehicles, stood at 1.3 million units, while total automobile production was just 855,043, down 13% on a YoY basis. Automotive exports totaled 916,543 units while automobile exports were 596,616, down 28% over the same period. Commercial vehicle production also dropped in 2020, down 9% YoY. Last year, the automotive industry’s exports revenue were USD 25.9bn, while the capacity utilization rate was 65%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.